Apple introduced the new iPad (9th generation), featuring the powerful A13 Bionic chip. The 10.2-inch iPad iPad features a 12MP Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage, support for Apple Pencil (1st generation) and Smart Keyboard, the intuitive iPadOS 15, and twice the storage of the previous generation, starting at 64GB and 256GB.
The Center Stage experience on iPad Pro is now available on iPad, enabled by the 12MP Ultra Wide front camera and Neural Engine. As users move around, Center Stage automatically pans the camera to keep them in view. When others join in, the camera detects them as well.
• Colours: Space Gray, Silver
• OS: iPadOS 15
• Capacity: 64GB / 256GB
• Chipset: A13 Bionic
• Display: 10.2-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, 2160-by-1620-pixel resolution, True Tone display, 500 nits brightness
• Supports Apple Pencil (1st generation)
• Rear camera: 8MP Wide camera, ƒ/2.4 aperture, Digital zoom up to 5x, 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps and 30 fps, 720p HD video recording at 30 fps, 3x video zoom
• Front camera: 12MP Ultra Wide camera, 122° field of view
ƒ/2.4 aperture, HDR for photos, 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
• Sensors: Touch ID, Three‐axis gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient light sensor, Touch ID
The iPad also has a headphone jack and in the box comes with a lightning-to-USB-C cable and a 20W USB-C power adapter. The iPad is available to order starting today and will be in stores on September 24.
WiFi models of the iPad start at $329 for the 64GB variant and $479 for the 256GB variant. The WiFi + cellular models start at $459 for the 64GB variant and $609 for the 256GB variant. Accessories include 1st gen Apple Pencil sold separately for $99 and Smart keyboard sold separately for $159.