Samsung today announced their third generation flagship foldable phone, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G. The other devices announced at the event are the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Buds 2.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 comes with a 7.6-inch Infinity Flex Display, and S Pen functionality. The Z Fold3 is also equipped with IPX8 water resistance and an Under display camera on the main display with minimum pixels applied on top of the camera hole. The device also includes 120Hz refresh rate now on both the Main and Cover Screens. The Z Fold3 also gives users the option to use the S Pen, from Samsung’s beloved Note series. S Pen for Z Fold3 comes in two options: S Pen Fold Edition and S Pen Pro. Both feature a retractable Pro tip with force limit technology to protect Z Fold3’s Main Screen.
Other features are Flex mode features, a multitasking feature that lets users do a host of tasks such as joining a video call on the device’s top screen while checking meeting notes on the bottom. Users can create a shortcut and reopen apps in the same way later with App Pair. The Z Fold3 also has a Taskbar to quickly switch between apps without returning to the Home screen.
Galaxy Z Fold3 5G Specifications
- Colours: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, Phantom Silver
- Operating System: Android 11
- Chipset: 5nm 64-bit Octa-Core Processor
- Memory: 12GB RAM with 512GB internal storage (UFS3.1), 12GB RAM with 256GB internal storage (UFS3.1)
- Battery: 4400 mAh
- Fast charging compatible on wired and wireless: Fast Charging 25W, Fast wireless charging 10W, Reverse wireless charging 4.5W
- IPX8 water resistance
- Main Screen: 7.6-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display (22.5:18), Infinity Flex Display (2208 x 1768) 374ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 900 nits (HBM), 1200 nits (peak)
- Cover Screen: 6.2-inch HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display (24.5:9), 2268 x 832, 387ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 1000 nits (HBM), 1500 nits (peak)
Dimension & Weight
- Folded: 67.1 x 158.2 x 16.0mm(Hinge) – 14.4mm(Sagging)
- Unfolded: 128.1 x 158.2 x 6.4mm
- Weight: 271g
- Cover Camera: 10MP Selfie Camera: F2.2, Pixel size: 1.22μm, FOV: 80˚
- Under Display Camera: 4MP, F1.8, Pixel size: 2.0μm, FOV: 80˚
- Rear Triple Camera: 12MP Ultra Wide Camera: F2.2, Pixel size: 1.12μm, FOV: 123˚
- 12MP Wide-angle Camera: Dual Pixel AF, OIS, F1.8, Pixel size: 1.8μm, FOV: 83˚
- 12MP Telephoto Camera: PDAF, F2.4, OIS, Pixel size: 1.0μm, FOV: 45˚
- Sensors: Capacitive Fingerprint sensor (side), Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 is available for pre-order starting 6th September through to 20th September 2021. The recommended retail price for Galaxy Z Fold3 will start from KES 209,999 for the 256GB variant and KES 220,999 for the 512GB version. Pre-orders will include these complementary gifts: a flip cover with S Pen, a wireless charger duo and Samsung Care+.